The MACRA Final Rule will impact providers who accept Medicare Part B payments, bill Medicare more than $10,000/year and provide care for more than 100 Medicare patients a year. As the final rule comes into effect this year, the focus for providers shifts to value-based care.
In the first part of its two part webinar series, CitiusTech provided an overview of the Quality Payment Program and defined a strategic roadmap for eligible clinicians. View our past webinar (Demystifying MACRA) here.
The second webinar in the MACRA series is titled ‘MACRA final rule made simple’ which will offer an in-depth analysis of MIPS/ MACRA and help you best prepare your organization for the transition.
Register for our one-hour webinar where Dr. Matt Johnson, VP, (Centra Health) and Jeffrey Springer, VP, Healthcare Solutions (CitiusTech) will help you map your MIPS/ MACRA reporting strategy for 2017 and effectively focus on cost and resource utilization.
- Continue the concept of accountable care by emphasizing on value, not volume
- Streamlining of quality reporting programs into the unified QPP
- Provides Multiple Payment Models for different types of physicians – and a chance to manage the pace
- Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) – Consolidates existing quality programs of PQRS, VM and MU and adds clinical practice improvement activities
- Alternative Payment Models (APM) – New way to pay healthcare providers with a focus on risk-based coordinated care
- Quality – Replaces PQRS and quality component of the Value Modifier Program
- Cost – Replaces the cost component of the Value Modifier Program
- Clinical Practice Improvement Activities (CPIA) – New set of activities with a focus on care coordination, beneficiary engagement, and patient safety
- Advancing Care Information (ACI) – Replaces the MU/EHR Incentive Program for physicians
- Develop a deeper understanding of MIPS/ MACRA
- Determine a MIPS/ MACRA roadmap
- Determine focus areas for optimum resource utilization